(As found in The Colonial Cook by Bobbie Kalman & Ellen Brown Published by Crabtree Publishing)
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 25 Minutes
Tools: Saucepan, Measuring Cups, Measuring Spoons, Wire Whisk
- Milk 2 Cups
- Cornmeal ½ Cup
- Maple Syrup ¼ Cup
- Butter 2 Tablespoons
- Salt ½ Tablespoon
- Pour milk into a saucepan and bring it to a boil over medium heat.
- Using a wire whisk, slowly stir in the cornmeal and blend until mixture is smooth.
- Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until it is thick.
- Stir in the maple syrup, butter, and salt. Cook the mixture over low heat until the butter has melted.
- Cover the pot, turn off the stove, and allow the pudding to sit for 5 minutes.
- Served the pudding hot with a little butter, milk, and maple syrup on top.